Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Monday, July 4, 2011

June's Card Class

Hi folks,
I am back after being gently reminded that it has been a long time.
I thought I would share with you three of the cards I designed for last month's Card Class at Create with Andrea.
The first card is a man's card using the Kaszazz Lucy Classic Car stamp and 2 of the Kaszzaz Ebony and Ivory range of paper. The greeting is from the Mini Messages Un-Cut set which is very handy set for small greetings.

The next card is using the fans from the recently released Kaszazz Asian Lifestyle stamped on individual panels to fit over the scalloped Yuzen paper. A tip if you are border punching Yuzen paper make sure it is a reasonably simple design and either punch 2 layers of Yuzen together or add a layer of copy paper to the Yuzen. Top with some red organdy ribbon with a bow. This time I tied the two ends of the ribbon together and then tied the bow, you just have to remember to leave long enough ends to tie the bow, then I placed it in position and cut the ribbon so I could adhere it under the card front. Guess who tied all the bows in class, I will never teach them to tie bows this way and they seem happy with that. LOL


There are two versions of the next card, I used Design Adhesives in the first class and unfortunately the order didn't arrive in time for the second class so I had to improvise. So in the second version we stamped the circle pattern in both sizes from the Kaszazz Treasured Memories Un-Cut set with Perfect Medium and then embossed which was harder and more time consuming then using the Design Adhesives. Design Adhesives are doubled-sided adhesive designs that you rub on to your card stock and then you can use embossing powder as I did here or you can use glitter, Perfect Pearls, chalks, or foils. With the Embossing Powder here I used three colours to get this effect which is really cool. The colours I used are Top Boss Honey Pearl, Wine and Copper. First I sprinkled very carefully the Honey Pearl where I wanted it, then added sprinkles of Wine and then sprinkled Copper over the remaining areas, I gave the card a sideways shake to make sure it was all covered before tipping all the embossing powder off. I collect this in another jar and I have embossed with it and it gives an aged effect. I will save that for a later post. The pleated paper I learnt from Split Coast Stampers here, it is very easy and looks so effective. To finish off the greeting was embossed in the Wine powder. Thanks to Roni of Ink Stains where I first saw this technique.


Sorry about the poor photos here, I did take it in a hurry.
I hope you enjoyed this look at the these cards but dinner is calling so I must away,
have fun and happy crafting
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment