Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I'm Excited

So very excited, Peter has brought tickets to the Meatloaf concert in October for my birthday. He wouldn't go to Melbourne for the concert which was on 14th, day before my birthday so we are going to Wollongong for 4th Oct. That means my birthday gets spread out for two weeks, yeah!!!

The tickets arrived yesterday so I had to take a photos as you can see and then we had to put them somewhere safe so I don't lose them. No telling so no one can steal them LOL.

This year it's the big 50 and we were planning a big cocktail party but that has been scaled down now after we paid for the tickets. I mean if I am seeing Meatloaf it is as a VIP you know.



I have been finishing up some canvases I made when I held the Serviette Workshop. So all these 6" x 6" canvas start blank and then have a serviette adhered to them. "We Remember" started with a poppy serviette which as soon as it dried I had to make it into an Anzac memorial. The words are the first verse from the poem In Flanders Field by Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae MD which was printed out, cut to the size of the Basic Grey book plate and coloured with Distress Inks. I had stuck another part of the serviette to plain card stock so I cut the a poppy from that and shaped it to paper tole on the canvas. I added a slouch hat we had brought last Anzac Day. It was finished with black ribbon around the sides. I have sold this to a friend who is giving to her local RSL club for display which makes me feel proud that other people see it as I do.
We Remember

Dolphin Play
The next canvas was decorated with some shells in the corner (not collected from the beach but brought in a store) adhered with Claudine Hellmuth's  Studio Multi Medium from Ranger. I am seriously in love with this product, adheres almost everything and is so easy to work with. Wait till I show you the flowers I made using it. I then spend some time applying Glossy Accents to the dolphins. I applied several layers building up the dimensions to echo the sunlight on them. You can get top see some of it, very hard to photo shining things.
The last one I have to show you hasn't got a name yet, my friend Kaylene suggested  calling it Bella as she is a fan of the Twilight series. Let me know what you think.

 It is a bit hard to see the image due to the flash, I will have to set a little photo booth to take photos I can see.


This was a gorgeous serviette and Fran as soon as she saw said she would like to see with crackles all over so that's what I did. I coated it with Ranger's Rock Candy Crackle paint (what a fabulous product). I didn't get it on as thick as I would have liked, still on a learning curve, so the crackles are on the smallest size. I dyed the braid with Wild Honey re-inker and it turned out splotchy which I liked, that was adhered with Multi Medium and then I added the button, cutting a slit in the canvas and using Multi Medium to hold it there. I finished the sides with black paint that has been rubbed around the front edges. I just to add the hangers and they will be finished. Dolphin Play and untitled will go to the market on Sun and hopefully get sold. I have to find a couple of quotes to finish off the other ones but once I have I will show you.


Thanks for looking and happy creating
Andrea
 


No comments:

Post a Comment