Quote of the Day

more Quotes

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy Financial New Year

I really don't know where time goes, the weeks slip by me without noticing and here we are in a New Financial Year. A quick catch up before I share some cards. I had a very exciting June with a trip to Melbourne to attend a Tim Holtz workshop. You can imagine it was so very exciting. Kaszazz organised workshops with Tim and I qualified to attend, thanks to all my customers for supporting me. I have lots of photos but I will save them for the next post as I have to get them organised.

I managed to lose the camera for several weeks so I missed taking photos of some birthday cards. I will have to go visiting and ask to see them so I can photograph them.

Here is Kaylene's birthday card and as she is a red girl I had fun working with these papers. Lots of Glossy Accents all over the card and the metal flowers are the new ones from Kaszazz.

I love this star card and the fun you can have with matching papers. Got to love the paper pads for matching colours and patterns. I do have to explain to most people how to open and close the car though.

I started this month with our regular crafting group in Tathra which had a lot of show and tell as Helen and Wendy had gone to Stamp-it's Tim  Holtz workshop in Sydney. Can we ever get enough of Tim???

We are having a tag swap at our get togethers at the moment and this month's theme was Oriental. My tag was put together really quickly, the background is a serviette stuck to cardstock. This was from my very big pile of  serviettes. I  make a point now of having at least one day a month to stick down all the serviettes I have gotten. I brought several packets of serviettes and tissues while in Melbourne, can't help myself and we share with everyone in our  group so you get lots of different ones. It is handy to have them ready to work with rather than wait for the glue to dry and I rather work with glue to stick them down. I coloured some of the flowers with Distress markers to match in the colours I used in the image. I also added some glitter colour to the red areas but you can't see this in the photo. The image was stamped on gloss card with Stazon and I coloured in with Distress Markers. I did several to experiment with as you can't blend on the gloss with water but you can build up the colour with layers. I cut out the image and mounted after dry brushing a green halo effect where she was to sit, this helps her from disappearing into the background.  Added a charm and some ribbon.

Well better go and make the cards for this month's workshop. Christmas in July, it is never too early to start thinking Christmas and ideas are flying around my head for Christmas ornaments and gift containers. I better get them out of my head and into reality.

Thanks for visiting and happy creating
Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment